The Project Steno plan is:
- Market court reporting/captioning as a lucrative and exciting career. This will include a nationwide awareness campaign featuring a professionally produced high-impact video that will be made available to everyone.
- Promote Project Steno’s Basic Training program (a free intro-to-steno program) as a pipeline to produce students who have self-selected as high-potential candidates for court reporting school.
- Provide steno machines to students enrolled in Basic Training (subject to inventory).
- Assist Project Steno’s Basic Training and NCRA’s A-to-Z “graduates” by putting them in touch with schools and online programs that fit their needs.
- Offer financial awards to select students — awards based on meeting performance benchmarks — those Project Steno believes are most likely to succeed.
- Monitor each student’s progress throughout their two-year course of study.
- Offer help, encouragement, and mentoring to students who need help in maintaining steady progress.
Merit Awards Program
Our $1,000 scholarships are available to students from any school who successfully achieve speed benchmarks. Achieve 140 words per minute in one year and qualify for the 140-in-1 Merit Award. That’s $1,000! Achieve 225 words per minute in two years and qualify for another the 225-in-2 Merit Award. That’s another $1,000!
The End Game
Project Steno’s plan is designed to assist students on their journey to graduation and employment as a stenographic reporter or captioner.