What a year! Project Steno hit the ground running in early 2018 and to date has raised almost $300,000 in pledges and contributions. Highlights of our year:
- Project Steno launches in January 2018.
- Website created and continually updated.
- 501(c)(3) status as a charitable organization is conferred by the IRS (so your donations are tax-deductible). Our financial statement (Form 990) is publicly available on our website.
- Two videos produced to promote court reporting and captioning.
- Numerous presentations made at national and state association conventions.
- Several interviews (television, podcasts, webcasts) where we promoted court reporting and captioning as a career, NCRA’s A to Z program, and the Project Steno tuition assistance program.
- Expanded our Board (Jim DeCrescenzo, Bill Weber, Glyn Poage, Ed Varallo, and Tiva Wood), added an Advisory Council (Kathy Silva, Rick Levy, Doreen Sutton, and Camille Duffy) and appointed Nancy Varallo as our Executive Director.
- Shepherded through to reality a court reporting program in a San Antonio TX high school (a template for high school rollout nationwide!)
- Met at the Pentagon with high-ranking officials to promote Project Steno’s Cover Your Bases ProgramTM for the military. (There are 510,000 military spouses in the Army alone, two-thirds of them under the age of 32. An ideal target audience!)
- Enrolled 37 students from 16 states into eight of our partner programs. (This is a real success. See below.)
Read our full report here: Project Steno Year End Report – Our First Year – Dec 2018